Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Break Point


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/060513.cfm) reminds me how important it is to be faithful – especially when we reach the “break” point

They say that in our lives, there will always be break points. However, this does not necessarily have to be negative. The next step would be dependent on us and on how we would react when we reach the break point – we can either go up and break-through, or go down and break-down.

In the first reading, we see a couple of people break-through. Both Tobit and Sarah have reached their break points. They were already tired and was about to give up. However, they remained faithful to God and surrendered themselves to God, and not took matters in their own hands. As a reward, God gave them break-through moments – healing Tobit and cleansing Sarah from the demon.

How about us? What break point are we in our lives right now? Is it in terms or career? Of family life? Of relationships? Of spiritual life?

God knows what we are going through. God knows we can handle things – by His grace, if we call upon him and remain faithful to Him. He knows that we can only take so much – but when we reach our respective break points, may we be faithful to God and surrender to him. we do not need to be able to overcome these challenges in life. We just need to surrender to God, know and acknowledge that he is and will always be God in our lives, and trust him to get us through – even if we do not know how or when. Then, in his perfect time, he will reward us as we break through these break points in life.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for knowing me and for taking care of me. Thank you Lord for break points – because it gives me an opportunity to completely rely on you, to surrender to you, and in turn break-through with whatever I am facing. Lord, I know that nothing is impossible with you, and I ask that you increase my faith as I live a life surrendered to you. And I know that you will help me be able to break through my break points in life. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...