Sunday, June 9, 2013

Arise!


The WORD today (http://usccb.org/bible/readings/060913.cfm) reminds me how powerful God is.

In the readings today, we see two separate accounts of God’s power raising up the dead. In the first reading, Elijah’s prayer to God brought the widow’s son back to life. In the gospel, Jesus also brought a widow’s boy back to life. This reminds me how powerful God is – that nothing is really impossible with God.

God is willing, and able, to raise us up. Probably not literally, but he reminds us that he can raise up our faith, our spiritual life, and other aspects of our life that is dead. We just need to trust in him and call on him – like Elijah and Jesus. God is powerful and merciful and will hear our prayers.

What do I want God to raise up in my life? Do I have faith and humility to call on him to raise me up, to raise up aspects of my life which needs to be awaken? Am I concerned enough for other people that I pray to God to raise them up as well, like Elijah and Jesus in the readings?

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for reminding me how much you love me, how great your power is. Lord, probe my heart and let me know what aspects in my life you need to raise up. May I be humble enough and have faith to call on you to renew me and give me a fresh start – in my career, in my service, in my relationships and in my faith to you. May I also have enough concern for others and pray for them and ask you to raise them up as well. Amen.

Blessed Sunday!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...