Thursday, June 27, 2013

It Goes Both Ways


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/062713.cfm) reminds me that  God's surprises go both ways. 

Sometimes, God's surprises are from happy to challenging. Last week we went to the beautiful city of Cebu. We took an airplane going there, and i was surprised, because it has been raining in manila the past few days before that, but that day, it was sunny! Then the flight was initially praceful, sunny skies was seen, so I thought it will be like that the entire flight. However, after a few minutes, we experienced turbulence, the fasten your seatbelt sign was lighted, and the captain told us that it will be like this throughout the trip. So much for a peaceful trip. But we got in Cebu safely. 

However, sometimes, His surprises are from challenging to happy. In the first reading, we see Abram probably losing faith because despite God's promise, he was still childless in his old age. But we see that God was and is always true to his promise. 

Let us choose to be like Abram. Let us follow Jesus advice and as we know God's promise, as we know His word, let us act on it. Let us keep the faith, knowing that God will always be true to His word, to his promise. And as we remain faithful to Him, know that God will continue to bless and reward us. 

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for your word that continues to inspire and strengthen me. Lord, I am so sorry for the many times I have sinned and let you down. Sorry for the many times I listen to the world and not to your Word. I pray that you continue to be patient with me, never let me go, and help be keep and develop my faith in you. Because Lord, you know my heart, and despite all my weaknesses, you know that deep in my heart, my desire is you. Amen. 

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflections:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...