Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Do it as Well


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/062513.cfm) reminds me how simple God’s rule is.

In the time of Jesus, there were a lot of rules. There were a lot of prophets saying a lot of things and messages. However, Jesus summarizes all of them in one statement. “Do to others whatever you would have them do to you” This is the standard by which we should live.

There is a story of a doctor living in a remote town. One stormy night, a man called, asking him to go to their house for the wife is giving birth. The doctor agreed, but asked the man to pick him up since his car broke down. To this the man replied “What? You want me to go out on a night like this?!”

Sometimes, we are like the man. We expect too much from other people but we are not ready to give ourselves what we are expecting of others. Too much for Jesus’ rule, right? In as much as we should do to others what we want them to do to us, we should also be ready to do to others what we expect or want others to do to us. We should not want, or expect, to be above other people. We should not expect or want to always be on the receiving end of graces, but not wanting to give ourselves. We should be fair. Jesus is fair and simple.

May we always be fair and obey Jesus’ simple rule.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me how you want me to act. Thank you for the simple truth, for the simple commandment you want me to follow. I am sorry Lord for the times I expect and demand a lot from other people, things that I myself am not willing to do. Lord, change my heart and make it like yours, that I desire to serve rather than be served. Amen.

Blessed day!


In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...