Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Shine


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/061113.cfm) reminds me that we have to work well so we can shine for God

We all want to be successful. We all want to succeed in life. We all want to have a great family, healthy relationships and success in our career or business. However, it does not come easy. It will not readily come to us. We have to work for it.

As workers of God, we all want to give glory to Him. however, we cannot do so if we wont work for it. The first reading shows us that Barnabas and Paul was asked by God to serve him by preaching him to a new place. He called them to work, to act, so they can glorify God more. In the gospel, we see Jesus telling his disciples that people should see our good deeds so we can glorify God. How can we glorify God with our actions if we do not act, if we will not do good deeds?

May we always remember that we should work for things in life – be success in work, business, family and relationships. In the same way, we should work harder as we serve God, so we can glorify him and shine bright for Him.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for giving me another day to live my life and glorify you. Lord, I pray that I always remember and I always be willing to work for you. I know that it is only by working for you, by moving my body and doing things for you that I will be able to shine for you and glorify you by my life. As I work hard to attain my goals in life, may I work harder to give you all the glory you truly deserve. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

ps
see related reflections:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...