Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Time to Shine


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/112812.cfm) reminds me that there will come a time when we should shine for God.

In the gospel, Jesus told his disciples that they would eventually have to give a testimony for Him. However, when that time comes, they should not be worried and just let God speak through them, with which others will be powerless. What an amazing promise!

I could only imagine that scenario, when the disciples would be able to answer those who are persecuting them, when others would be amazed at their wisdom and what they are saying. What an awesome way to shine for God.

As we work for God, as we serve Him, it’s true that we should not want attention. We should not want recognition for the things that we are doing. We are doing those things for God, not for show. However, I believe that as God sees fit, he will also give us opportunities to shine, not for ourselves, but for Him and Him alone. That is why it is important to have a strong foundation and know what in whatever situation we may be in, we should always give back the honor and glory to God, not to ourselves.

Do I have a strong relationship with God? Do I have a strong faith foundation? Am I doing something to start or continue to strengthen it? Do I silently work for God, not for others to see? Am I ready to shine for God? What situations in the past did I shine for God, when I allowed God to use me, when I magnified the Lord with my actions?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for always watching over me. Thank you for your promise that you will always be there for me. Lord, today, I am reminded to shine for you. Give me a heart that will not want attention as I serve, but will be contented to serve you silently, no matter how unjustly attributed to others my works for you are. Help me build a strong and solid relationship with you, that will allow me to shine for you and give you back the praise, honor and glory i may get from serving you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflections:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...