Saturday, November 24, 2012

My God’s Not Dead




The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/112412.cfm) reminds me that God is a God of the living, that He is really alive

The gospel says it:

the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob;
and he is not God of the dead, but of the living,
for to him all are alive."

We usually feel that God is not alive in our lives. We sometimes see Him, or know Him, as the God in the bible, or a God of the saints, or a God who watches from above. We usually do not see Him as the living God, one who is always with us, even if we don’t see him physically.

God is alive, and will always be alive. He is silently working in our lives, silently guiding us, directing our steps, protecting us, as we live our lives. He makes his love and presence known from everything around us. We just have to be sensitive to Him, and realize that indeed, he is alive and with us everyday.

Who is God to me? What is my relationship with God? Is he alive in my life? Do I feel him alive in my life? Do I live my life to make him alive and real to the lives of the people I interact with?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another weekend. Lord, I ask that you help me always be sensitive to you. Amidst the busyness of everyday, may I never forget you. May I always feel and know that you are alive. May I live my life testifying that you indeed are alive. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See video of a song by Newsboys whose title I used today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_OTz-lpDjw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...