Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Use It


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/112112.cfm) reminds me to use whatever God has been giving me.
I have a tendency to not use immediately my new things, especially if I really like it. For me, I don’t want to risk it being damaged or get worn out, that’s why it takes time, sometimes months, even years, before I use something I like. My parents tell me to use them, since it defeats the purpose if I won’t be using or wearing those things.
In the gospel today, Jesus asks us to use whatever God has been giving us. God has given us so much – time, talent and treasures, and these things should be used for God – to build God’s kingdom. We should not keep these to ourselves and should be generous and share these with other people, for God’s greater glory.
Am I generous with my time, talents and treasures? What prevents me from sharing those things to other people? When I share, is it for God – to build God’s kingdom, or do I just want to bring glory for myself? How can I use my time, talent and treasure for God today?
Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me to be generous with everything you have given me. Nowadays, it is easy to keep things to and for myself. Sometimes I compare myself with other people, who have much but do not share. Sometimes I get so focused on the world and on what is in the world that I forget to give back to you. Lord, give me a generous heart, a heart that knows that I did not bring anything to this world, and will not bring anything of this world. May I always remember that all that I have is from you, and all I have should be used to build your kingdom. I know you will continue to provide as I serve you and give of myself for you. Amen. 
Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflection:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...