Monday, November 5, 2012

Investment


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/110512.cfm) reminds me about investment.
Investment in the sense of the world is usually equated to making profit. You buy something that will be beneficial in the future. You buy something that you could sell at a higher cost, such as stocks or properties, or something that would be beneficial or useful in the future, in the case of education.
Jesus also tells us to invest – for our future in heaven.
He tells us to give to others who cannot repay us back. That definitely is not investment in the sense of the world. Of course you want to give to people you love, people close to you, people who would be useful in your career of those who may do good to you in the future. However, Jesus wants us to look beyond the worldly aspect of investment, and look beyond what our eyes can see. He wants us to invest, to put something where only He can repay us back. He wants us to give our time, talent and treasure to build his kingdom, even if, and especially for those who cannot repay us back.
That is real investment, when you know that God would be the one who will repay you… and when he does, it is out of this world.
Where am I investing my time, talent and treasure? Do I follow Jesus and what he tells today? When I do things for him, do I always expect a return – such as an approval, appreciation, fame or a good reputation? What is my intention for doing things for him?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for the long weekend. Lord, as I start another week, my first full working week for sometime, I ask that you help me look beyond what the eyes can see. Help me look beyond the physical concerns of the world. May I invest my time, talent and treasure in building your kingdom, knowing in faith that you will take care of me as I serve you and will reward me accordingly when the right time comes. Amen.

Blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...