Sunday, November 18, 2012

How would you feel?


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/111812.cfm) reminds me to check my reaction when God comes.
The readings are all related to Christ’s second coming and God’s love for us. The gospel, however, is more descriptive on how it will be when God comes again. Question is, how do we feel about it?
Are we scared with imagining it, knowing that God will judge us and we won’t like the judgement? Are we scared to even come face to face with God, knowing that we are not worthy and we have not been living consistently with God’s ways? Or are we excited, meeting God, the one we are serving, loving and the one who loves us the most?
As we celebrate the mass today, as we spend this Sunday with our family and loved ones, we are reminded to prepare. Our feelings on the gospel give us an idea on our current state. In as much as we prepare for things in our life, we are also asked to prepare for eternity, to prepare for judgement day, to prepare for our meeting with Christ, because we know that it surely will come.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for this Sunday you gave me to spend time with my family and loved ones, and of course, with you. Lord, thank you for reminding me today to prepare for eternity. Thank you for reminding me that my feelings towards the gospel give a glimpse of my current state. Lord, I ask that I do something about it, and work towards being prepared and doing my best to live a life pleasing to you. Amen.
Blessed Sunday!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...