Thursday, November 8, 2012

God Finds You




The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/110812.cfm) reminds me that God finds me…always!

Most of us, at one point in our lives, got lost. My mother tells me that when I was little, I got lost inside the mall. Probably I didn’t follow instructions and got far from the group. When they noticed I was missing, they searched for me, and eventually they came back to the baggage counter (she told me we left some things there) and there I was, sitting down, waiting for them to find me.  They were surprised I was not crying, and when I was asked why i went there, i told them that: “I knew you would come back for the bags”.

In the same way, we are God’s children and we are reminded by the readings that He will look for us when we get lost. He found Saint Paul when he was getting lost, persecuting the Christians before his conversion. In the gospel, Jesus told the parable of the shepherd and the woman, going out of their way to find what is missing. Imagine what God would do to find us!

God does not give up on us. He will find us. He looks for ways on how to get to us, how to get our attention. He goes down to our level so that we would recognize Him. He is willing to do anything just to find us, no matter how far we may be from Him. And when he finds us, when we finally listen to him and follow him, he rejoices!

In what times in my life do I feel I am far from God? What do I do? Do I look for God? Do I realize that God always goes out of his way to find me? Am I sensitive enough to recognize him? When he finds me, am I willing to listen and come back to Him?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for being with me this week. Thank you for not giving up on me. Lord, I ask that I always be sensitive to you. May I recognize you as you look for me, and may I be humble and willing to listen to you and come back to you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...