Tuesday, November 27, 2012

None Will Be Left


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/112712.cfm) reminds me that nothing of this world will be left.

Jesus reminded the people in the gospel that “the days will come when there will not be left a stone upon another stone that will not be thrown down.” No matter how beautiful things may be in this world, the time will come when nothing will be left.

The psalmist says that “the Lord comes to judge the earth,” and we see that in the first reading. When the right time comes, when the harvest is ripe, God will pick the harvest and destroy the clutter.

This may not seem interesting to us right now. We are busy living our lives – working, growing the business, studying, going about our everyday lives. We tend to just focus on what we are doing and what we want to happen to our lives on earth. God is reminding us to put things in perspective, to not work too much and not desire too much anything of this world, because when the time comes, no matter how strong, or beautiful, or powerful we are, or the things of the world are, nothing will be left.

Do I prepare for eternity, or do I focus all my attention to this world?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me to prepare for eternity, as nothing in this world will remain. You know how hard it is to do just that, you know how easy it is to be tangled in the concerns of the world, and to lose sight of you. Lord, during the times I neglect you and neglect to prepare for eternity, I ask that you don’t give up on me and remind me that nothing in this earth will remain. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

 ps
see related reflection:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...