Monday, November 26, 2012

All For The King !


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/112612.cfm) reminds me to give my all to and for the King!

I attended a prayer rally yesterday, and this was one of the things discussed. Give my all to God, my King. Give until it hurts. Give until you have nothing left to give. God does not look at the worldly value of what we give him, rather, he looks at the heart of those who are giving to Him.

What can we give and surrender to God, our King? The speaker yesterday, Bro Bobby Quitain (see http://bobbyquitain.wordpress.com/about/), gave five things which he allowed me to quote. Allow me to share my  interpretation of his talk:

Hurts – we should give God our hurts and allow Him to use these hurts to bless others. Nothing happens by accident, and it is true that if we allow God, our greatest hurts can become our greatest ministry. Why give our hurts to God? Because only God can heal us, only the Potter’s Hand can heal our brokenness.

Energy – we should give God our energy. God needs people to work for his vineyard. It doesn’t matter what phase of our lives we are in right now. We may be in our youth or twilight years, we should give God our energy. Sulit ang ibibigay nating energy para kay God.

Anxieties and Aspirations – Anxieties are worries about the future and aspirations are hopes for the future. We should give all of these to God, since we do not know what the future hold for us. We do not even know if we will still be alive tomorrow. God sees the entire picture, he knows his plans for us, so we should give and surrender our future to him.

Resources – the classic, time, talent and treasure. God has given us so much, not just for ourselves, not just so we can enjoy life, not just so we can buy everything we want. God has blessed us so we can bless others as well, so we can make them feel God’s love as well. We are only stewards, and we should make good use of whatever God has entrusted to us.

Transgressions – All of us sin and fall short of the glory of God. The bible says it. However, this does not mean we are not loved. God, despite of sinfulness, loved and continues to love us. He sent his only son to save us from our sins. We surrender our sins, our weaknesses to God, and knowing that only God can help us overcome these things, knowing in faith that he will.

What do we surrender to God, our King? Our HEART. Hurts, Energy, Anxieties and Aspirations, Resources and Transgressions.

May we slowly surrender our HEART to God, knowing that as we do so, he will transform whatever we surrender and magnify everything for His greater glory.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another weekend. Thank you for the opportunity to praise and worship you with my loved ones. Lord, as I start another week, help me surrender my all to you. Help me surrender my HEART to you. I know that it is not easy, that it will take time, but I have faith that you will help me, and I take comfort in the fact that as my King, you will return to me a thousand fold whatever I give to and for you. I offer you my life, and may my actions give you praise, honor and glory. All for you, My King. Amen.

Blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...