Thursday, November 22, 2012

Purchased By the Blood


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/112212-mass-of-the-day.cfm) reminds me how special I am.
The past few days, the first reading is taken from the book of revelation – about the end of days. Today, I am reminded of how special I am with the phrase “for you were slain and with your Blood you purchased for God.” Jesus deemed me worthy of his blood. Being the Son of God, he died and suffered for me. Even if I do not see myself as worthy of that, even if I am sinful, even if I feel I am normal and there’s nothing special about me, Christ deemed me worthy of His Blood. That’s how special I am.  That’s how special you are!
In life, we will not get everything we want. We will not everything we pray for. They say God is really wise that no single person has everything. We complement each other and as children of God, we all have something to offer Him. No matter how you look at yourself, you have something you can offer to God. It is only when we compare ourselves with other people, and see only the things they have that we don’t, and not the things we have that they don’t, that we feel inadequate, small or insignificant. We should not compare ourselves to other people, because God looks at each and everyone of us in a very special way.
Do I feel that I am special, especially in the eyes of God? Do I prefer to listen to my insecurities or to other people saying bad things about me, rather than listen to God and believe that I am special, that I am worth dying for? Do I always compare myself and my life with other people? Why?
Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me how special I am. Lord, I pray that I see myself the way you see me – beautiful, special, worthy of your love, even of your blood. The world may make me feel otherwise, so I ask you Lord to always remind me how special I am in your eyes, and as I am reminded of that, may I never forget to give you back what you deserve. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...