Monday, November 19, 2012

Bring Others to Him!


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/111912.cfm) reminds and challenges me to bring others to Christ, and Christ to others.
Although the gospel is similar to the one a few Sundays ago (see reflection:  http://mysimplereflection.blogspot.com/2012/10/a-blind-mans-clear-and-unwavering-faith.html),  a different thing struck me today. Am I bringing others to God and God to others?
When the blind man received his sight, he followed and gave glory to Christ. His healing did not end his relationship with Christ, rather, it levelled it up. He gave glory to God, so the blessing did not end on him – he blessed others as well. People praised God because of him.
How about us?
Do we bring glory to God? Do we bring others to God?
God has been blessing us all our lives. Time and time again, he has shown his great love for and his great power to us. What have we done with it? Do we tell others how great God is? Do we live our lives praising and glorifying Him? Do people praise God because of us, of how we live our lives?
God has blessed us not only because he loves us, but also so that we can bless others as well. If we bring others to Him, if we bring Him to others, if we enable others to realize how great God is by our lives, that would be the best form of thank you we can give to God.
God’s blessings should not stop on us. It should be magnified through us.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another weekend. Thank you for giving me another day to live. Lord, I ask that as I live my day, as I live my life, as I go through my day, that I may bring you to others and others to you. Lord, sometimes I really don’t know how to do it. I don’t know how I can bring you to the people I meet everyday, how I can praise you by doing my work, but I just have faith in you. May I always be sensitive and aware of your presence, for I know that as I do things out of love for you, as I offer things for you, you will use me to spread your love I don’t know how, but I just have faith you could, and you will. So Lord, may I always be an ambassador of your love to others. Amen.

Blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflection:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...