Friday, June 14, 2013

He Lives In Me


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/061413.cfm) reminds me that God lives in me.

In the musical “The Lion King”, there is a song  titled “He Lives in You” wherein the son, Simba, is reminded that his king-father, who died already, lives in him, that he is watching over and guiding him. Something that strengthened him as he was facing his own battles and as he was preparing to live the great life destined for him.

I believe this is also what God is reminding us today. He lives in you. He lives in me. He lives in us.

Life is not easy. It will never be. But God promises that he lives in us, that he is with us as we face life’s challenges.

We are afflicted in every way, but not constrained;
perplexed, but not driven to despair;
persecuted, but not abandoned;
struck down, but not destroyed;
always carrying about in the Body the dying of Jesus

As God lives in us, we are reminded to bring back the glory to Him.

  may cause the thanksgiving to overflow for the glory of God

God lives in us.  What a thought, right? The all-powerful, all loving God, who created everything, lives in us. He is with us, guiding us in life, giving us hope. Life may bring us down, it may make things hard for us, but we will not be defeated, because God lives in us. May we take comfort in that thought, and as He lives in us, may we live to glorify Him.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me that you live in me. Lord, life sometimes gets overwhelming that I am not able to put things in its proper perspective. I pray that I always remember that you live in me, that you are with me with whatever I am facing right now, that you are with me as I face life’s challenges. I pray that I be aware that it is you who gives me strength and the one who makes sure life does not defeat me. And as I win over life’s challenges, may  I always glorify you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...