Monday, June 17, 2013

Now is the Time


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/061713.cfm) reminds me that we should not delay doing God’s work

Behold, now is a very acceptable time;
behold, now is the day of salvation

In the reading, we see that now is when God wants us to act. As human beings, we always say that we are waiting for the perfect time. We wait for a perfect time before we ask someone out. We wait for a perfect time before we tell someone our feelings. We wait for a perfect time before we make that career move. We wait for a perfect time before we apologize to someone. We wait for a perfect time, when we have more, before we give to others.

Probably in life, there are things we should wait on. However, I believe that in doing God’s work – now is the perfect time to act.

We should not delay serving God through different things and ministries. We should not delay helping out others – regardless of our social status in life. We should not delay apologizing to others, and receiving these apologies. We should not delay bringing others to Christ and Christ to others. We should not delay praising God and glorifying and magnifying him in our lives.

Now is the time.

God is not waiting for a perfect time. God expects us to create the perfect time – and that time is now.

What aspects in your life are you waiting for “the perfect time” before you act on it? What things in your life are in your “to do” list? What things have you been putting off, giving yourself “valid” excuses for doing so? What things in your life do God want you to start doing now?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for giving me another day, another week. Lord, I pray that you give me courage and enable me to do things for you now. May I not wait for the perfect time to do your will and to serve you. May I not delay doing what you are asking me to do. Lord, may I make the most out of today. Amen.

Blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...