Saturday, June 1, 2013

God Knows


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/060113.cfm) reminds me that God knows what is in our hearts.

The saying “what you see is what you get” does not always apply to people. We do not always show and express what we really feel. Our actions and our emotions inside does not always match.

This is what happened in the gospel. The chief priests, scribes and elders asked Jesus a question – who gave you authority to do these things. Even if that was just one questions, He knows their purpose, to bring him down. So Jesus asked them a question that they themselves will not be able to answer. God knows things even if we do not say it, even if we do not show it. He sees what is in our hearts – the good and the bad.

We are also reminded that God knows our deepest desires. God knows our prayers and our intentions for doing things – even If we do not say it, even if we do not show it. We cannot hide anything from God, good and bad, and like Jesus in the gospel, he knows how to handle us the way we ought to be handled.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another weekend. Lord, I thank you for your love, for your infinte goodness and power. I thank you for seeing what’s inside of me – for seeing my heart, my sadness, my emotions and my desires. Father God, I ask that you purify my thoughts, purify my emotions and purify my motives as I serve you. And may I always have faith that you see the things that the eyes can see, that you know my prayers and my desires, and that you have the perfect plan for me…and you will grant me these desires in your perfect time, as long as it is consistent with your plan for me. Amen

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...