Friday, May 31, 2013

Presence


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/053113.cfm) reminds me how powerful our presence is

After Mama Mary was visited by the angel and she said yes to her being the earthly mother of Jesus, she set out to visit her cousin Elizabeth. She did not focus on herself and her concerns. I’m sure, things are not yet clear to her, she may have questions or concerns on what will happen to her. Plus she’s already pregnant with Jesus. Yet, she set out to visit her cousin Elizabeth – to show her support and serve her.

What a heart of service. A heart full of love. A blessed heart.

When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting,
the infant leaped in her womb,
and Elizabeth, filled with the Holy Spirit,
cried out in a loud voice and said,
“Most blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb.

This shows how powerful our presence is – if we bring God with us! We will never be as blessed as Mama Mary, but in our own little way, God can use us to bless others. God can use our presence to make others feel his love and his power. God can use our presence to serve others.

What may be a simple visitation to us may be exactly what other people need to remind them how great, loving and selfless God is. May we be inspired to live in Christ, so that as we visit people, as we interact with people, it may also be a divine visitation of God to them through us.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for always visiting my life – through different people I encounter. Lord, I pray that you help me live in your love, that I may always be aligned in you, so that as I interact with others, you can use me to reach out to them. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...