Thursday, May 2, 2013

He Loves You



The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/050213.cfm) reminds me that Jesus loves me.

In the first reading, we are reminded that God loves each and everyone of us, whatever our race or nationality is. During that time, the Jews were the chosen people, a people loved by God. All the rest were called Gentiles. However, when Jesus was sent, it was not only to and for the Jews, but to the Gentiles as well. This is why we see that God’s love is for all- both Jews and Gentiles alike.

In the gospel, we see that Jesus loves us as God loves him. and he tells us that as we keep his commandments, we will remain in his love. Yes, it is written that nothing can separate us from God’s love…however, if we choose to ignore God, and if we choose not to let him love us, he definitely cannot love us. However, he says that his love is always there for us, it is just up to us if we will choose to remain in his love, or seek love elsewhere.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for your love. Thank you for loving me. Lord, there are a lot of times I need love and affirmation, and I am sorry if I don’t seek you or go to you for love. Sorry if I look for love elsewhere and not primarily on you. Sorry if  I do not let you love me. Sorry if I don’t feel or acknowledge your love. Lord, I pray that you give me a heart that would always want to remain in your love, and as I do so, I pray that I always see myself the way you see me. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...