Friday, May 10, 2013

Count on His Word


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/051013.cfm) reminds me that we can count on God’s word.

In the movie Gerry Maguire, there is a scene where he was asking a young star to sign him as the sports agent. He was talking to the dad, and it seems they had an understanding that he would represent the athlete. When He was asking them to sign the contract, the dad told him that his word is stronger than oak, so Gerry Maguire went away trusting the word of the dad. Well, eventually the dad signed up his son to a different agent who offered  him more.

Good news! When God says something, we can count on his word! Why? Because the bible says that “God is not man, that he should lie (Numbers 23:19).”

In today’s WORD, we see him telling Paul that Paul should continue to preach because no one will attach him or harm him. so Paul did. Eventually there were people who rose up against Paul. However, God was true to his word and no harm came upon Paul. He did not even have to explain and defend himself. That’s how true God is to his word. So when he says in the gospel that we may grief now, but our grief will eventually become joy and that when we see him again, our hearts would have joy that no one could take away, we better believe it!

What is God saying to me today? What is God telling me? Whatever it is, we better believe! If he’s saying he has great plans for us, we are sure he does! If he says he loves us, we are sure he really does. IF he says he will protect us, rest assured he definitely will. Things may not happen the way we want it to, but we can be sure God is definitely true to his word.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for your Word that I can always trust on, I can always rely on. Lord I pray that I always have that faith in your word, even if the world tells me not to. I know I may not understand everything that’s happening, and I may not see the entirety of your plans in my life, but I know in faith that your word will come true because your word never fails. Amen.

Blessed Friday!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...