Monday, May 6, 2013

Warm Bodies


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/050613.cfm) reminds me that God needs people like us to proclaim his kingdom.

In the first reading, we see the disciples talking with some women during a Sabbath. During that time, we are sure that at least one of the women, and her household, was converted and baptized.

This reminds us that we need to work for God. God needs warm bodies to proclaim his kingdom. We really are not the one responsible for the conversion of hearts. As we can see in the first reading, it was God who opened the heart of Lydia. We are mere instruments used by God to get his message across.

As we work for God, he will equip us. However, we are reminded in the gospel that it will not be easy. There will be a lot of challenges as we work for Him, but we should always remember that God is with us, and he will continue to protect us as we work for Him.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for your love and concern for me. Thank you for using me, however unworthy I am, to get your message to other people. I pray that I will always have an open and willing heart to work for you, to allow myself to be used by you, and as I do so, may I always give you back the honor and glory. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...