Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Irreplaceable


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/051413.cfm) reminds us that no one is irreplaceable as we work for God’s kingdom.

One of the hit songs of artist Beyonce Knowles is Irreplaceable, and it talks about not being irreplaceable. “Don’t you ever for a second get to thinking you’re irreplaceable…No matter who you are or what you do or how great you are, you are replaceable. Same as true in the office. No matter how great you are with what you do, nobody is indispensable. There would eventually be someone who will replace you with what you’re doing.

As we serve God, we are reminded of this as well. No one is irreplaceable. In the first reading, we see how Judas was replaced. Yes, he may have been part of the original 12, but he chose to live a different life. And we see that he is not irreplaceable. God gave them someone else to take Judas’ place. We are reminded that no matter what we have done, or have been doing for God, we should not be complacent. We should not think that God owes us, or God needs us. Yes, he needs people to work for Him, but he will not tolerate arrogant people or people who sin. He can and will equip people whose hearts are willing to be used by Him.

Should we be scared? Of course not. but we are challenged and reminded in the gospel that we should keep God’s commandment and remain in his love as we serve Him.

Do I think I am irreplaceable in my career? In my business? In my service to God? What is God telling me today? Are there things , people, or habits that are irreplaceable in my life? Are there things, people, habits I am holding on to or find to let go? Should I let go? Do I realize that if only I ask, God can and will replace it with something or someone that he wants for me? Do I realize that as I serve God, I am replaceable, and should therefore strive to live a life in his love?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for waking me up and for reminding me how much you love me, and how special I am to you. Thank you for reminding me everyday. Lord, I pray that I do not take your love for granted and I do not abuse your love. I pray that I always remember that as I serve you and as I live my life on earth, nothing and no one is irreplaceable… and help me live my life remaining in your love. Amen.

Blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-



No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...