Sunday, May 26, 2013

Holy Trinity 2013


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/052613.cfm) reminds us to just have faith in the Holy Trinity

The readings today focuses on the Holy Trinity. The first reading and psalm focuses on God – His wisdom, power and his love. The second reading we see St Paul speak about Jesus – how he came in between God and us to bring us to God, and because of Him, God’s love has been poured into our hearts, through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us, which Jesus speaks about in the gospel. They are four different books of the bible, written in different times, but are all related – just like the Holy Trinity.

This is one of the mysteries of our faith that is very hard to explain and understand. That’s why it is a mystery, and that’s why only a heart full of faith can accept and understand this. We may not be able to explain it well, or may not be able to understand everything, but we just need to have faith.

God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are all there for us. We may not understand how everything works, so we just need to have faith in what Jesus said in the gospel – that we cannot bear everything now… but we will in God’s perfect time.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for reminding me how much you love me. Thank you for my faith that makes living easier. Father God, as I live my life, I do not and will not understand everything that is happening. But Lord, I ask for faith that trusts in your love, trusts in the Holy Trinity, even if I cannot explain or understand. May I live my life by faith and not by sight. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...