Saturday, May 25, 2013

Kingdom is Theirs


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/052513.cfm) reminds me how different from ours God’s standards are.

What makes children so special? Nowadays, we probably will say that children are special because they remind us how simple life is, or how beautiful life is, or that they can take our stress away. However, during the times of Jesus, the children were the least in society, together with women. That is why in one of the accounts of the feeding of multitude, only the men were counted – women and children were excluded from the count (Mt 14:13-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mat%2014:13-21;&version=NASB)

When we say great, we tend to think of accomplishments. Great career, money and power. However, Jesus standards are not like ours. He considered the children great and special, that’s why he said the kingdom of God is for those children.

Why?

Precisely because of the reason why they were the least in society. They were least because they cannot contribute anything to their family and to society, they were totally dependent on their parents to survive. However, Jesus wants that attitude – to be totally dependent on God to survive, to know that they cannot do anything or contribute anything significant if not blessed by God.

May we realize that God’s standard of greatness is not like ours, and be humble and surrender our lives to Him like children to their parents… then we can expect to be welcomed in God’s kingdom as well.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another weekend. Lord, I pray that I may be productive for your kingdom this weekend. I surrender to you my plans for the weekend, and I allow you to bring me where I would be able to glorify you the most. Lord, May I always remember that your standards of greatness are different from the world, and may I always remember to humble myself and submit to you, totally depending on you as I live my life, pretty much how I was when I was a child. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflection:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...