Thursday, February 21, 2013

Assurance


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/022113.cfm) assures me of God’s love and protection over us, his children.

The first reading shows us a child of God coming to Him in prayer. Queen Esther comes to God with her petitions and opens up herself to God. The gospel says God’s response to such prayers.

“Ask and it will be given to you;
seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds;
and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
Which one of you would hand his son a stone
when he asked for a loaf of bread,
or a snake when he asked for a fish?
If you then, who are wicked,
know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will your heavenly Father give good things
to those who ask him

God knows what we ask of Him even before we actually ask. However, that does not mean he will give everything we ask of him. Our parents love us, but would not give us what we ask if they know what we ask will be bad for us. More so with God. God also knows what will be good for us, so he will only give us what is best for us, he will give us only what is according to his perfect plan.  This is why it is important to stay close to God, so we would know what he wants from us, and be sensitive enough to his voice, and let humble ourselves and submit ourselves to his will.

May we learn to ask according to the will of God, and be assured of his love for and protection to us.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me how much you love me and how much you care for me. Lord, I thank you for my earthly parents. They may not be perfect, but you gave them to me to be ambassadors of your love to me. Help me show how much I love and appreciate them. I pray for those who are orphans or those who do not have parents that make them feel your love. I pray that you send them people that would keep your love alive in their lives. Lord, I also ask that you mold my heart. May I always be sensitive to your will, and always submit myself to your will, having the assurance that you have the best for me. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...