Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Dad’s Discipline


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/020613.cfm) reminds me that God the Father has his ways of disciplining us.

The first reading tells us:

My son, do not disdain the discipline of the Lord
or lose heart when reproved by him;
for whom the Lord loves, he disciplines;
he scourges every son he acknowledges.

Endure your trials as “discipline”;
God treats you as his sons.
For what A son is there whom his father does not discipline?
At the time, all discipline seems a cause not for joy but for pain,
yet later it brings the peaceful fruit of righteousness
to those who are trained by it

Yes, God is like our earthly father who disciplines us. God has his best interests in his heart, and no matter how difficult or challenging the situation may be, we should have faith that God is arranging everything to benefit us, to make us stronger individuals, to make us better children of God

It gives a new light to our challenges in life, as it is written “he scourges every son he acknowledges” He cares enough to give his attention to us. He cares enough to train us, to strengthen us, and to mold us to become more and more like him. We should look at challenges in life as God the Father’s love notes to us, blessings in disguise, that though at present may seem hard or may dishearten us,  in his perfect time, these things would make sense and make us better children of God, as long as we bear it with love, and cooperate with God all throughout.

What challenges am I going through right now? How do I react to these challenges? Am I dishearten by them, or do I have faith that in these challenges, God is moving his hand secretly, silently making me strong and more and more like him?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for your reminder. Lord, I would admit that I complain about a lot of things. I complain especially when I feel I am suffering for doing good. Lord, I am sorry for being disheartened, or for thinking of giving up in following you. Like Jesus, I pray that even if I want you to take these challenges away, I submit to your will and pray that not my will, but yours, be done. Thank you for taking time to give me these trials and mold me to become the person you want me to be, to become more and more like you. I pray that I be strong enough to remain faithful to you and humble enough to always submit to your will. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...