Monday, February 11, 2013

Is God Glad?


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/021113.cfm) reminds me that we should make God glad.

The first reading reminds us of the story of creation. God created everything from nothing. God created everything with his word, his powerful word. We believe that everything that God created is beautiful, indeed it is written – “God saw how good it was.” God did not create something ugly or evil – everything God created was seen as good in the eyes of God, they made God glad.

In the gospel, we see someone who made God really glad. Jesus, out of love for God, became man, did God’s work on earth, and died so that we could live. His life on earth, his love for God, surely made God glad.

We are challenged and encouraged by the psalmist to do the same. “May the Lord be glad in his works.

Is the Lord glad in you?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another week. Lord, I ask that you help me live a life that would make you glad. I know that sometimes, or a lot of times, I am not able to make you happy by the way I live my life, and for that, I am sorry.  You know my heart, and you know how much I love you. I pray that that love may be translated into action. May my life be pleasing to you and others. Amen.

Blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...