Monday, February 25, 2013

We Too Are Sinners


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/022513.cfm) reminds us that we too are sinners, and should extend the grace and forgiveness we experience from God to those who offend us.
The readings today remind us that we are sinners. The first reading tells us we are sinners and have done wicked things in the eyes of God. Every human being sins and does wicked things in the eyes of God. The psalmist prays for God’s grace to fall upon us, for God not to judge us based on our sins, our wickedness.
Good news is God loves us so much and is so forgiving and merciful.
Thing is, he asks us to do the same to others.
The gospel shows us Jesus saying that “Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.” Further on, he tells us that “forgive and you will be forgiven.” Just as we have experienced God’s mercy and forgiveness, so should we extend it to others. We cannot expect it from God if we are not willing to extend it to others.
Do I realize that I myself have a lot of sins? Do I know that God is merciful and forgiving? Do I extend God’s mercy and forgiveness to those who have hurt me?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for the weekend. Lord, I ask that as I start another week, you continue to work through me. As I experience your love, mercy and forgiveness, may I also share these to others. Continue to work to me and through me so that in my own little way, I may extend your love, mercy and forgiveness to others. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...