Saturday, February 2, 2013

Presentation

The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/020213.cfm) reminds me that we should present and consecrate ourselves to God.

Sharing an excerpt of the gospel..

Mary and Joseph took Jesus up to Jerusalem
to present him to the Lord,
just as it is written in the law of the Lord,
Every male that opens the womb shall be consecrated to the Lord,

Jesus was presented in the temple. He was consecrated to God. So should we.

I believe consecrating ourselves to God is not a one-time thing. It is not just being baptized and that’s it. I believe that consecrating ourselves and offering ourselves to God should happen every day. We should be reminded who we are living for. What we should do with our lives. Who we should be serving.

Consecrating ourselves, offering ourselves to God does not mean that everything else will be easy afterwards. The first reading says that God will be there to purify us as well. However, we should take comfort in the fact that God would be there every step of the way, watching protecting us, making sure we will be subjected to what we can handle with his grace.

Am I constantly striving to consecrate myself to God?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me of the need to continuously consecrate myself to you. Lord, I am sorry for the times I forget. Sorry for the times I live on my own and do what I want. Lord, I ask that you constantly remind me to consecrate myself to you. I ask that you never give up on me, even if I may seem to be hard headed, because you know deep in my heart, I have a longing for you. Amen.

Blessed weekend!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...