Sunday, February 3, 2013

Faith, and lack of it


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/020313.cfm) reminds me how important Love is, as well as faith.

We have heard so many times that faith is important for God to do miracles in our lives. In the gospels we have seen that Christ healed a lot of people who had faith in him. Different ways were used to heal, but one thing is common, the person to be healed, or those who asks for healing for others (in the case of the centurion who asked that his servant be healed) should have faith in God. That’s how important faith is.

In today’s gospel, we again see the impact of not having faith. Jesus power and love does not change from town to town. Wherever he goes, his love for the people and power over sickness and death is the same. However, when he went back to his hometown, he did not see faith in the people. Instead, they challenged him and his power, knowing that he is the son of a carpenter, so they know his origin and knows that he is one of them, not the son of God. They also feel entitled to experience and benefit from his so called power, so they asked him to perform miracles as well. When Jesus did not give into them, and told them that they will not get what they want, they became mad and drove him out of the city.

Do I have faith in the love and power of Christ? Do I feel entitled to receive his blessings, just because I am a follower of Christ?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me the importance of faith. Lord, as I live this day, may I always be reminded to build and strengthen my faith in you, so that you may work miracles and wonders to and through me. Amen.

Blessed Sunday!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...