Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Serve


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/022713.cfm) reminds me how active Jesus was in serving God.

From the very beginning, Jesus knew his mission. We see this at an early age, when he was 12 and was left in the temple. He stayed in the temple doing his father’s work. As he got older, he worked harder to do God’s mission for Him. He was faithful to God’s mission, despite the challenges and difficulties he encountered.

As he was bringing others to God, he was leading by example.

He did not simple just say how great God is. He did not simply say that we should serve God. He was doing it himself. In fact, he was the one who served God the greatest. He was leading the disciples, showing them how we should serve God. His actions complemented his words, and that made the message stronger.

Despite the challenges and difficulties, are you actively serving God, leading others to do the same?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for your word. Thank you for sending me your Son Jesus Christ to show me the way. I ask that I be inspired by Jesus and step out of my comfort zone and actively serve you despite the challenges, and as I do so, bring others to you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...