Saturday, July 13, 2013

Good for Evil


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/071313.cfm) reminds me that what the enemy intended for evil, God intends for good.

No one can come in between God’s plan for you, unless you yourself deliberately choose to disobey God. In the first reading, we see Joseph’s ending – that even if his brothers intended to harm him, God intended it and used it for good. Even if Joseph experienced a lot of challenges in life, he kept his faith and stuck to God – never letting go of his values and cooperating with God all the time. Thus, God’s great plans were fulfilled, despite the evil around him.

In the gospel, we see we will experience challenges. As followers of Christ, we will be persecuted and will experience challenges. But Jesus tells us not to be afraid. Yes, God’s plans cannot be overshadowed by the evil around us, and God has his eyes on us, constantly watching over us and overseeing what is happening to us. We just have to remain firm in God, as we experience challenges and as we wait for his great plans to come into fruition in our lives.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another weekend. Thank you for another opportunity to touch a life, to inspire a soul, to magnify your name. Lord, I pray that however unworthy I am, you use me mightily to reach out to others and make them feel your love and your power. Lord, as I serve you, may I always be reminded that there will be challenges, but these challenges are not enough to stop your great plans for me, as long as I continue to be faithful to you. may I always remember that what the enemy intended for evil, you intend for good. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-



No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...