Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Shine like the Sun


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/073013.cfm) reminds me that those who remain faithful to God will be rewarded in due time.

Life is not a bed of roses. Life is unfair. In the gospel we saw that the good seeds were mixed with the weeds, pretty much like life here on earth, even if we try to live righteous lives, we will still be surrounded by evil people - which would try to convince us to give up living righteous lives and be like them. Sometimes the situation doesn't help, to see them prosper and have THE life on earth. We may question why they seem to be blessed, or if what we are doing is really the way to go. We may question if it really is worth it.

God is not the ruler of the world. The devil is - that is why many times, Jesus tells his disciples to live in the world but not of the world. Naturally, the enemy loves his own, so he blesses with worldly things those who follow him. However, God still provides and protects us, so we should just continue to remain faithful to Him.

Life is not easy, but we should continue to hang on to God and his word, knowing that he is true to his word. No matter how difficult or challenging life may be, we are sure that when the proper time comes, those of us who are faithful to Him will shine bright like the sun.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for knowing me. Thank you for speaking to me through different ways. Lord, as I live my life, may I always be reminded to focus on you, to remain faithful to you. It may not be easy, it may be tempting to do otherwise, but I know that no matter what I experience, you are always there watching, guiding and protecting me. And I know that as i remain faithful to you, I will shine bright with you in your kingdom. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...