Friday, July 26, 2013

Good Soil


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/072613.cfm) inspires me to become a good soil for God.

The gospel is a continuation of the other day’s parable. Now we see what happened to the seeds that were sown on different kinds of soil. We know the different kinds of soil, and we know what kind we want to…and should be. And as we celebrate the feast of Saints Joachim and Anne, we see this in action.

They were the earthly parents of Mary. Obviously, they were good soils who bore a fruit that produced a hundredfold. Imagine, being earthly parents to the earthly mother of God. What a humbling experience. Probably they must have been preparing themselves even before they bore Mama Mary, that’s why they were given the privilege of being earthly parents to her.

God can use us mightily, as he used Saints Joachim and Anne, and Mama Mary. They were ordinary normal human beings, like us. But they were good soil, and produced good fruit. May we be inspired to work on our relationship with God, and do our best to become good soils to produce fruits for God, fruits that will glorify and praise Him.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for Fridays! Lord, I pray that you help me become good soil. May I continue to work and build a good relationship with you as I try my best to become a good soil and bear good fruit for you. Continue to bless my work and my actions, that it may glorify and praise you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...