Sunday, July 28, 2013

Just Ask


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/072813.cfm) reminds me of the importance of a persistent faith.


In the readings, we see how important persistence is. In the first reading, Abraham’s persistence in talking to God lowered the “required” good people from fifty to ten. In the gospel, Jesus tells us the importance of a persistent faith, persistence in prayer. God always answers our prayers, and as Jesus said in the gospel, he always has the best intentions for us, so we just have to trust in Him. While we do so, we should be persistent in prayer – even if we think or we feel that God is silent and not answering.

May God’s silence to our prayers not cause our faith to wave, but may our persistence strengthen our faith in Him.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for the Sacrament of the Eucharist. Thank you for Sundays – a day designed so we can rest, be recharged and spend time with you while consuming you. Lord, I ask that in a special way, as I receive you in the Eucharist today, you fill me and strengthen my love and my faith to you. I know there are a lot of times my prayers seem to go unanswered, but I ask that you help me remember that I should be open to your answer, that you always answer my prayers, it’s just that sometimes, your answers are different from what I want. And Lord, as I wait for your answers, may my faith be unwavering and may I always have that persistent faith in you. Amen.

Blessed Sunday!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflections:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...