Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Why Me?


The WORD today (see  http://usccb.org/bible/readings/071713.cfm) reminds me that God sees in us what we don't see in ourselves. 

In the reading, we see God calling Moses in the burning bush. As if that was not enough, God told Moses that he had a special task for him - to lead his people out of Egypt, out of slavery. 

What did Moses say?

Probably, in the present time, he could say "weh, di nga?!" But we know what is inside his head - "Lord, why me?!" 

Why did he feel that way? 

Probably because he knew he was unworthy. He was a murderer. He was a fugitive. And his people even said to him "who has appointed you ruler and judge over us?!" 

Boom. Eksakto. 

Moses did not believe in himself. He did not think he can do what God is asking him to. 

But why did God call him?

God saw something in him. God saw the goodness in him. God saw the potential in him. God saw his heart

In the gospel, we see what God probably saw in Moses. A childlike heart. A childlike faith. Something that probably even Moses did not even know he had. 

God sees something in you that you do not see in yourself. God sees your potential, your goodness, your heart and your faith. God sees what you can become as you cooperate with Him. 

So next time he calls you or asks you to do something, don't ask "why me?". He sees something in you that you do not see in yourself. 

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for seeing in me what I cannot see in myself. Thank you for seeing my goodness, my potential, my heart and my faith. Lord, I am sorry for not seeing that in myself. Sorry for feeling small  and insecure. I pray that you give me a heart and eyes that would see myself the way you see me - beautiful, priceless, capable of doing good, full of potential and with a heart of childlike faith. As i do so, i pray that you continue to use me for your purpose and your glory. Amen. 

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...