Thursday, July 25, 2013

No Easy Way


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/072513.cfm) reminds me that there's no easy way to the path of Christ.

In the readings, we see that it is not easy to follow God. He does not sugar-coat. He tells us it is not going to be easy. He says that the way to his kingdom is the narrow road - the hard road. And Jesus told us that his followers will also experience the challenges he encountered.

Is God scaring us?

Of course not. He is just telling us what to expect as we follow him. He is just telling us what lies ahead. But what's good about it id that he will be with us every step of the way.

In the bible he says - with each trial he will provide a way out, so that you will be able to bear it.

We may experience challenges, hardships and persecutions. But wr should take courage and be happy because God will always be with us, closely watching and guiding and protecting us every step of the way.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for always being there for me in times of troubles. Thank you for the challenges and hardships i experience because they affirm me that I am doing well and that I am following your way. Lord, I pray yhat you always remind me how much you love me and you will always be there and watch over me as I face life's challenges. Give me strength to face the narrow road as i make my way towards you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...