Friday, July 12, 2013

He Speaks Through You


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/071213.cfm) reminds me that God can speak through us.

In the gospel, we see Jesus assuring the apostles to not be afraid when faced with persecution in courts. He says the Holy Spirit will speak through them, so there’s no need to worry and to prepare how they are going to defend themselves and the Church. Inspiring and assuring, right?

However, sometimes this is taken in the wrong way. This does not mean we will not do anything anymore, and just leave it up to God and wait for his help. As the saying goes” Nasa Diyos ang awa, nasa tao ang gawa

We need to work and do our part before God can come into our lives and help us out. In basketball, even if our desire is to glorify God, we can’t expect God to magically help us out and enable us to win games for him if we don’t even know how to dribble the ball and the basic rules of the games. If we don’t have the basic skills, how can he help us? Same with faith, if the disciples were not doing God’s work and do not have a personal and intimate relationship with God, how can he help them? How can they hear his voice?

Yes, God never fails to help us. He assures us he will always be there, and tells us not to worry. But with it comes our responsibility to know him more and build a personal and intimate relationship with him, else, he cannot do as much for us.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for giving me another day to live. Thank you that it’s Friday already! Lord, I pray that you help me build a personal and intimate relationship with you. May I work on it, have the basics and do my part to improve it, so that I can be more confident that when you help me, when you come to my aid, when you speak to me, I can hear your voice and you can speak through me. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-




No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...