Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Up to you


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/070913.cfm) reminds me that it is always up to us how we would see things in this life.

There is a story of a farmer walking down the street in a small town when he came across a large stone in the middle of the road. He complained “Who is careless enough to leave a stone in the road? Why doesn’t someone remove this?.” Then we went away complaining.  A merchant also passed the road and went away complaining. Then a carpenter passed by the road as well. He got worried that someone may get hurt with the stone, so he decided to push it hard and managed to remove it from the road. Then he noticed a pieve of paper where the stone was which says – “Please bring this note to the palace, for the king wants to reward you for taking time to act instead of complainng about the obstacle on the road”

In the gospel, we see different kinds of people. We see people amazed at the power of Jesus to be able to drive away demons. On the other hand, we also see Pharisees whose hearts are hardened and was actually saying Jesus was a using the prince of demons to drive them out. Different people will react differently in one situation, and it is up to us to choose how we would react or what we would do.

In life, we experience a lot of things. God gives us a lot of both blessings and challenges. However, it is up to us how we would take it. We may opt to be like the people and believe in God’s power, appreciate God’s power and blessings, and like the carpenter, act to turn our challenges and roadblocks into opportunities. We can choose not to act like the Pharisees and have a hardened heart, not believing in Jesus’ powe and plans for our lives, and like the farmer, complaining about life’s challenges and difficulties instead of actually doing something about it.

How will you act today?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live my life and accomplish great things for you. Lord, I pray that I always be aware that it is my decision how I would act and how I would see things happening in my life. I pray that you help me be positive – to always see your goodness and love in my life, despite the challenges happening around me. And may I act and do something about these challenges, instead of just complaining. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...