Monday, July 22, 2013

Great Miracles


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/072213.cfm) reminds me what is needed for great miracles to happen.

They say that “The condition for a miracle is difficulty, but the condition for a great miracle is impossibility

Today, we see two great miracles. In the first reading, we see the Israelites in a helpless situation. The Egyptians were following them but they were nearing the sea already. Nowhere to go, nowhere to hide. They were probably feeling helpless and hopeless, not to mention afraid.

Impossible?

In the gospel, we see an account of Mary Magdalene, whose feast day we celebrate today, of how she saw the risen Christ. He died days ago. The disciples were sad. Afraid… terrified that they will also suffer the same fate as their Master. Are all his teachings gone? Were they following a lunatic? What will happen next?

Impossible ?

Probably for humans, but for God, definitely not! He made the israelites pass through the sea. He split the sea in two so they can pass! And Jesus was risen from the dead – conquired sin and death. Impossible situations are rewarded by God by great miracles! Moses’ faith and obedience to God was rewarded by a great miracle. Jesus’ faith, obedience and love for the Father was rewarded by salvation for us. Indeed, nothing is impossible with God.

What are you facing right now? Difficulty, or impossibility? May we be reminded that God can give us a great miracle, we just need to surrender and have faith in him.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for giving me another day to live. Thank you for giving me another week to live and serve you. Lord, I thank you that I start the week, I am reminded that nothing really is impossible with you, and with impossibility comes an opportunity for you to do great miracles in my life. May I always have faith in you as I surrender and obey you in my life. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...