Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Time to Work


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/071013.cfm) reminds me that after receiving our nourishment, we will be called to work for God

Last week we saw that there is a time for everything, that when Jesus was with them, they were being nourished and did not fast. They were getting a lot, because God is preparing them for the task at hand.

And today, we see that time coming, we see Jesus telling them to work for his kingdom.

In life, we need balance. We need to receive and give. We received and experienced God's love first, that’s why we are able to love others. We receive nourishment, but we should also give service. It’s not healthy to just receive and receive and just keep everything. God's love and blessings should not end in us. Same things with giving, we should not just give and serve, but also receive nourishment and proper rest as we do so.

May we be reminded to receive nourishment from God to enable us to work for Him.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for knowing me and taking care of me. Thank you for nourishing me and filling me. Thank you because it enables me to serve you, work for you and build your kingdom. Lord, may I always have a willing heart to work for you and serve you so in my own little way, I can share to others the love and blessings I have been experiencing in my life. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ
-g-

Ps
See related reflection:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...