Friday, December 6, 2013

According to You


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/120613.cfm) reminds me that God sometimes rewards us according to what we say.

There is a story of a car salesman who, even if people regard him well because they think he is an honest and fair man, is actually greedy and tricks people with his deals. Because of his reputation, their pastor went to him to buy a second hand car. The salesman, even if it was the pastor, still treated him the same way - giving him a seemingly good and honest deal, but in fact not. The pastor was so happy that he prayed over the salesman and gave him the blessing - "may the Lord reward you with how you treated me in this deal"

How others see us is not always how God sees us. The approval of man is not the approval of God.

In the gospel we see two blind man asking for Jesus mercy. "Have pity on us!" Yes their situation may be pitiful. But Jesus does not stop there. To ask for help is one thing, to have faith in doing so is another. So Jesus asked them if they really think he can heal them. They said yes, so Jesus said "let it be done to you according to your faith"

What if the men were lying? What if they were really just asking for mercy, but did not have faith? What would have happened?

As we pray, as we come to Jesus, it is good to ask ourselves - do we really have faith in His love and power? Do we really think he can and will help us? What if Jesus tells us - let it be done according to your faith. What will happen?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you it's friday! Thank you for reminding me that you reward me according to my faith too! Lord, I pray that you help me strengthen my faith in you. As I pray, no matter how small or big my concern is, may I come to you in full faith. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...