Monday, December 23, 2013

Refined

  
The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/122313.cfm) reminds me that God continues to refine and improve us.

The first reading reminds me that God refines us, like a silver smith refines and purifies silver (see reflection refiner and purifier of silver). IT may be painful, and probably we feel that we will break and can’t take it anymore, but God reminds us that his eyes is fixed on us, that he is constantly watching over us as we go through these refinements, and he will not subject us to those we could not handle.

In the gospel we see someone experiencing purification. Zechariah became mute as his heart was full of disbelief. Now, when he believed and cooperated with God’s plan by naming his child John, his mouth was opened and he spoke of blessings to God.

God is not contented with our current state. He wants to constantly improve us. Purify us. Make us more and more like him.

This advent season, may we continue to cooperate with God, and allow him to cleanse and purify us, making us more and more like him.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for loving me enough to not be contented where I am. thank you for your desire to continuously improve me. Thank you for always watching over me, especially as I am being purified. Lord, I am sorry for the times I complain, grumble, and feel that you are not with me as I experience these things. Give me a heart that would continue to trust in you, and would continue to allow myself to be subjected to your will, even if it causes pain, because I know that as you purify me, I will become more and more like you. amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflection:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...