Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Hope in the Lord


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/121113.cfm) reminds me that God rewards those who hope in him and serve Him.

It is not easy serving God. It is not a joke. People spend their time, resources and share their talents for God's work. It must be tiring, but the reading tells me why these people seem to be full of energy in doing God's work.

They that hope in the LORD will renew their strength, they will soar as with eagles’ wings; They will run and not grow weary, walk and not grow faint.

Again we are reminded that God equips those who serve Him. He gives extra energy, extra strength and extra resources so people can continue serving Him.

In the gospel Jesus tells us that god will reward all who come to Him. Now we know it is true - be it in this world and the next.

Blessed day!

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for reminding me that you will equip me and take care of me as I serve you. Lord, I pray that I always trust in you because I know you will always be true to your word. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...