Friday, December 20, 2013

Let Him In


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/122013.cfm) reminds me that only we have the power to let Jesus into our hearts and lives.

On Christmas, Jesus came not as a mighty and powerful king, but as a simple and helpless baby. He did not come with worldly power, forcing his kingdom upon us and coercing us to obey him. He showed us simplicity and humility when he chose to become man, and a helpless baby at that – even looking for a place to be born in this world, which he found in a manger.

God is all powerful and all mighty, and no one can stand against him. however, there is one thing he cannot do without our permission – to enter our lives, to enter our hearts. They say that the door of our heart is closed, with the handle inside, so it can only be opened from inside. We are the only one with the power to let God in to our lives. All his strength and might, love and light, are not enough to let him inside our hearts – if we won’t allow him.

This Christmas, may we remember that Christ is not looking for gifts. Yes, doing good and giving is well appreciated, but more than that, he is looking for a place to stay. He is knocking at our hearts. Question is, will we let him enter?

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another Friday! Lord, I thank you for always being there with me and for never giving up on me especially when I do not seem to let you in to my life. Lord, I pray that this Christmas and always, may I be sensitive to you and let you enter my life and my heart. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...