Monday, December 16, 2013

Humility


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/121613.cfm) reminds me how important humility is.

They say that humility is such a special virtue. The minute you think you have it, you've lost it. Looking at it deeper, kind of makes sense. You can't be proud that you're humble, or you can't put in your head that you're humble. It is something that naturally should just come out, else it might be false humility.

The psalmist shows us the favor God gives the humble

He guides the humble to justice, he teaches the humble his way

If we really want to know God more, if we want to know his ways, then we should be humble. Humble to submit to his will, humble to die of ourselves and our desires, and let him live in us!

The first reading shows us what happens when we are humble. God can use us mightily. The same way, the gospel shows us how God despises the proud - and they will never really know God is because they are so full of themselves.

This season of advent, may we be aware and strive to be humble before God, so that we will be able to know him more.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me how important it is to be humble, and how much we will learn and know you more if we are humble. Lord I choose to die of myself, my desires, my wants, my concerns, so that you may live in me. I empty myself of worldly knowledge so You can give me heavenly wisdom. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...