Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Be Glad



As we end the year 2013, the WORD (see  http://usccb.org/bible/readings/123113.cfm) reminds me to always be glad as we serve God. 

The psalmist says:

Let the heavens be glad and the earth rejoice! 

The readings affirm that. The first reading assures us that as we do God's will and seek the truth, we have God's anointing. The gospel reminds us that we are serving a great and eternal, the one true God. 

Looking back at this year, there sure are a lot of challenges, but there are more blessings and instances we felt God's love, blessings, providence, protection and power in our lives - a real reason for us to be glad and rejoice. 

As we end the year, and as we prepare to start another year, to continue our journey of faith, may we always be glad and rejoice, for we know that God will always be with us. 

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for this year. Thank you Lord for being with me every step of the way, in every challenge, every heartache, every victory - everything I experienced this year. May my faith and love for you continue to grow. And I thank you for I know you will continue to be with me as I start another year. Amen. 

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...