Saturday, December 7, 2013

Free


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/120713.cfm) reminds me that God indeed gives us a lot of things for free

They say that the best things in life are free. Some agree, some don’t – depends on what you consider best, or essential in life. Jesus words in the gospel reminds me of this “without cost you have received, without cost you are to give.”

I attended a recollection a couple of weeks ago, and I was so inspired by the speaker. She gives recollections for free! She does not charge a single cent for her expenses on the materials gas going to the venue, her time, etc. She does not profit from serving God, and actually spends out of her own pocket (from her corporate work!) for the expenses in proclaiming God’s word. Indeed, she lives this bible verse, “without cost you have received, without cost you are to give

God gave us a lot of gifts. God gave us a lot of talents. God gave us these things for free, so we should also be ready and willing to share of our gifts and talents to others for free, not with a fee. With the recent calamities that has struck us, we have a lot of opportunities and reasons to give. Giving is not just monetary, but services as well. Time is helpful – in repacking, in doing work for others, in talking to others and proclaiming God to them. Skills are also needed, on counselling, stress debriefing, etc.

We have a lot we can give, so may we be moved to give freely, and with a happy heart.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another day to live. Thank you for the opportunities you give me to know you more. Lord, I pray that you give me a giving and cheerful heart. May I be generous with all that I have, and may I happily give and share these things to and with others. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

2 comments:

  1. Perfect, just what I was looking for today!

    Blessings,

    Ed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ed,
      Praise God! Stay blessed and generous!


      In Christ,
      -g-

      Delete

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...