Sunday, December 22, 2013

Last Before Christmas

  
The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/122213.cfm) makes me think how my advent preparation is going, as we enter the last Sunday before Christmas.

For weeks, we have been preparing for Christmas, and how fast time flies, we are now on the last Sunday before Christmas, the fourth Sunday of advent. God has been telling us how we can prepare, now the question is, how are we responding to his messages?

The Psalmist reminds me – did I already let God enter my life, or am I still full of hatred, anger, unnecessary stress that bothers me? Do I let his joy, peace and love enter and stay in my life?

The gospel story is a familiar one, and again, do we respond positively to God’s message like St Joseph? Do we put things in the proper perspective? Am I making him the center of the celebration, the reason for the season? OR am I still busy buying and wrapping gifts, preparing for parties and get together, being annoyed by the traffic, that I forget the reason why we are celebrating Christmas in the first place?

It may be the last Sunday, but we still have time to really prepare. May we be willing.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for knowing me, for reaching out to me, for giving me a long time to prepare, for you know it will take time. Lord, help me make the most out of the preparation time you are giving me, and help me make this season a really meaningful one. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...